You're in the market for a new laptop, Chromebook, or desktop computer for work or personal reasons. The problem is, finances are tight, and you've stretched your budget to its limits. How can you get a great laptop at a price you can afford?
You've likely heard of or seen refurbished laptops but not known exactly what they entailed.
Let's dive in and answer, “What does refurbished mean for a laptop?” and “what is the best refurbished laptop to buy?” Read on to learn about the benefits of buying refurbished tech.
What Is a Refurbished Laptop?
Refurbished makes some people think of a laptop or Chromebook that is somehow "used" or "lesser than" a new desktop or laptop. However, that couldn't be further from the truth. Laptops are refurbished by specific guidelines that mean the best refurbished laptops are just as good as a brand-new computer!
Refurbished can mean numerous things. Here are a few answers to “what does refurbished mean for a laptop?”.
- Floor models that were taken out of the box for display but never purchased, owned, or used are considered refurbished.
- A laptop or computer that was purchased and returned by a buyer for an unspecified reason and never used is also a refurbished model.
- Your refurbished laptop could have been a computer that was leased then returned by a customer.
- Refurbished computers can come from offices where upgrades are being made, and computers that are still in like-new condition are being returned for newer models. In this vein, a refurbished laptop may come from an owner who also desires to trade up for a new model after owning the laptop for a short time.
- Lastly, a refurbished laptop or desktop could require minor repairs. But don't despair — the best refurbished laptops are not only repaired but go through a rigorous process that includes upgrading the hard drive, thorough cleaning and inspection, replacing worn-out parts, and restoring factory settings while updating the operating system and battery so the laptop runs exactly as a brand-new computer.
How to Choose the Best Refurbished Laptops
Now that you’ve answered “what does refurbished mean for a laptop?”, you're likely wondering “what is the best refurbished laptop to buy?”. Here are some guidelines for choosing from some of the best refurbished laptops Acer offers to ensure you select the Chromebook, laptop, or desktop computer that best fits your needs.
- Plan your budget and look for the best refurbished laptops within your means.
- Purchase a laptop from a seller who offers a warranty or guarantee.
- Inspect the laptop, make sure it's running the latest OS, and that it offers the software and storage that best fits your needs.
- Ask questions if you aren't sure! Brands like Acer are experts, so allow them to share their knowledge.
What Does Acer-Recertified Mean?
Acer-Recertified means that Acer stands behind their laptops and offers you a guarantee that the laptop has been refurbished to meet Acer's high standards and runs precisely as a new model would. The best refurbished laptop is one that you enjoy using and don’t regret buying.
Research Refurbished With Acer!
Ready to find your new-to-you refurbished laptop? Let Acer-Recertified guide you when it comes to finding what is the best refurbished laptop for you. Contact Acer Recertified to upgrade your tech today!