What to Look for in Refurbished Acer Computers
Your reliable laptop finally gave out, but sadly, times are a bit difficult and money is tight. How can you buy a good refurbished computer on a small budget and still get the features you need? An Acer laptop is the answer. A used Acer laptop gives you the benefits of a new, updated computer with all the features you want but without the giant price tag.
How is it done? Let's find out more about refurbished Acer laptops, desktops, Chromebooks, and other tech that can save you up to 20% on an amazing, like-new refurbished computer.
What Is a Refurbished Computer?
First, you may not be up to speed on the details of buying a refurbished computer. When you purchase an Acer laptop or all-in-one that has been refurbished or recertified, chances are:
- The used Acer laptop was never really "used." Many Acer laptops were previous floor models from stores, open-box Chromebooks or desktops that were returned, or even models with slight cosmetic defects that are still in new condition.
- A refurbished computer gets cleaned, sanitized, restored, repaired, updated, and reconditioned until it meets the quality standards of refurbished Acer tech.
- Refurbished computers aren't outdated tech or used Acer laptops with out-of-date software, processors, operating systems, or a drained battery. Acer laptops are the latest models, and buying a refurbished Acer is a cost-effective way to keep up with the newest technology without the high price of buying brand-new.
Choosing a Refurbished Acer
Buying a refurbished computer can seem complicated, and you may not know where to start. However, there are some basic things to keep in mind as you shop for a reconditioned Acer laptop.
- What will you use the refurbished computer for? If you need an Acer laptop for school, then a Chromebook is the perfect choice. However, if you're a gamer, you may want a refurbished Acer laptop or desktop packed with gaming features such as a high refresh rate and superior pixel count. An Acer laptop computer for personal use may warrant smaller memory or a more compact design and fewer features.
- Assign yourself a budget and stick to it. When you are working within a budget, it narrows down your options and ensures you only purchase the Acer laptop you can afford and you don't feel stressed about shopping for a refurbished computer.
- Consider things that are most important to you such as processor type, screen size, memory, pixels and refresh rate, and special features or applications. Make a list so you can zero in on the perfect used Acer laptop for your needs.
- Think about a warranty. Though all of our used Acer laptops and refurbished computers come with a limited warranty, Murphy's Law does occur and things do happen, so if it would ease your mind, consider purchasing an extended warranty.
Why Buy a Used Acer Laptop?
Still not sold on buying an Acer laptop that's been refurbished? There are more great reasons to choose a used Acer laptop over other types of refurbished computers or used tech.
Buying a used laptop not only saves you money but ensures you get the features you need, including benefits that can enhance video streaming, gaming, work, or everyday use. It's also an affordable way to build your own setup with refurbished computer tech such as choosing the Acer monitor you desire and pairing it with a gaming computer for a custom setup.
Purchasing an Acer laptop that has been refurbished is not the same as buying a traditional used computer. Since refurbished computers are restored and repaired by professionals, there's a better chance the Acer laptop is in the best condition possible, as opposed to not getting that guarantee with just a regular used computer.
However, if refurbished computers still don't meet your budget, you can buy a Chromebook or used Acer laptop that is an open-box model or Scratch & Dent option (cosmetically imperfect but solid inside!)
Rest easy knowing we have your back when you shop for a refurbished Acer that meets your needs. Contact Acer Recertified and grab the right Acer laptop for you that is within your budget today.