Why are Acer Recertified Laptops good investments?
Maybe you've written off recertified laptops and Chromebooks. "Used" is what comes to mind, right? But what if the recertified product fails or doesn't last as long as a new one? Can you find one that has similar features as a new laptop? Is a recertified device still good?
We'll debunk certain misconceptions about recertified devices, giving you peace of mind while saving you money! Keep reading to get the answers to your doubts about buying a recertified laptop, and find out which is the best one to get.
What Does "Recertified" mean?
"Recertified" doesn't always mean "used." In fact, it can mean the complete opposite. If you're wondering, “is it safe to buy recertified laptops?” the answer is “yes.”
The best-recertified laptops may never have been used at all! How is this possible, you ask? Once a desktop computer, Acer Chromebook, or Acer laptop has been taken out of the open box, it can't be sold as brand-new again, even if it was never opened!
So what does "recertified laptop" mean? It can mean anything from a computer formerly on display at a retail outlet to a laptop a buyer purchased and then returned without ever even turning it on. Of course, some recertified laptops have had prior owners.
If you're asking "are recertified laptops good if a business or personal owner has used them?" the answer is still "yes."
What is the difference between Recertified and Refurbished?
A refurbished device has been restored to full working condition as new after being pre-owned. Refurbished products are thoroughly cleaned and tested before being sold to the public at a lower price. Their functionality is exactly the same as a brand-new product the only difference is their cosmetic conditions.
A recertified device goes a step further and when checking over the device it is certified that it is tested and verified or certified to be sold. Just as new products get approval so do recertified devices get checked and certified to our high Acer Recertified standards before selling to the public. In addition, we have such a consistent quality level we provide warranty coverage for all our devices.
Are Recertified Laptops a security risk?
The main thing to keep in mind is recertifying involves quality assurance testing, cleaning, and repair if required. If the laptop was damaged the refurbishment process would include repairs or replacement of the damaged parts.
After being cleaned, fixed, improved, and modernized, recertified laptops are as secure as those never used.
Are there disadvantages to a recertified laptop?
Questioning if recertified laptops are secure? Here's an insight into what takes place when a computer is recertified.
- Myth-recertified devices are not secure: Acer-Recertified's rigorous inspection process guarantees all returned computers are clean, disinfected, and reset to their original settings.
- Myth the battery will be worn out: Batteries are replaced so your battery power won't be compromised - it will be just like the battery longevity of a new machine.
- Myth the OS and apps will be out of date: The OS is upgraded and the apps are current. The operating system is upgraded to the newest OS, and apps are updated. Acer-Recertified laptops have the OS pre-installed, so you can focus on selecting one that meets your memory and application requirements. Set a budget and stick to it to reduce anxiety about the purchase.
- Myth the device is going to look used: You'll find that all worn-out or broken parts are replaced with brand-new ones - although, if you're on a super-tight budget and don't mind a few dings, Acer offers Scratch and Dent models that may have cosmetic damage but go through the same stringent refurbishment process all models do.
What to look for when buying a recertified laptop.
Now that you know why recertified products are still high-quality, how do you know what is the best-refurbished laptop to buy? The best-recertified laptops or desktop computers have these things in common:
- Limited to extended warranties on all their products. All our recertified devices purchased are covered with a Manufacturer's Warranty for 90 Days! You can also get extended warranties here are all our warranty options.
- Pre-installed OS. Choosing a laptop with an operating system that is already installed is your best bet, and Acer-Recertified laptops all come with the operating system already ready to go!
- Ensure you pick a model with the memory and applications you need, whether it's for personal use or business.
- Set a budget and stay within it to ease your stress of buying an Acer-Recertified laptop.
Choosing Acer-Recertified Laptops
As you can see, recertified laptops are good investments. Why not save money and get a recertified computer? The same advantages as a new laptop or Chromebook, but much cheaper. Check out our devices now and bring home your next recertified computer and stay on budget!